Kumasi-based Division One club, Yegoala FC, bankrolled by former Ghana striker Anthony Yeboah, are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to qualify for the premier league in the next two years.
Formed two years ago, Yegoala FC, coached by Black Starlets trainer Frimpong Manso, won every honour in the Division Two league last season to book a place in the Division One League which commences in November. Looking extremely delighted about the great success chalked by the young team, chairman of the club Anthony Yeboah aka ‘Yegoala’ said, “We plan to take the premier league by storm within the next two years.” According to him, the team has no stars in their fold. “We boast of only young and talented players who are virtually unknown and we hope to groom them into stars very soon.”
The former Leeds United of England and Hamburg of Germany striker said his name in the football circles attracts more players to the team but hinted that the current squad of 40 players would be trimmed to 30 before the league starts.
In line with this, he announced that a tournament involving Yegoala One and Two, Lazio and Ebony Stars would be played starting October 2, 2010 where players that would excel would be picked to represent the club in the Division One League.
The ex-Ghana international who on two occasions emerged as Goal King in the German Bundesliga, said plans are far advanced to fly the entire team to Europe to participate in tournaments.
Yeboah mentioned Germany, England and Italy as some of the likely countries Yegoala FC would tour; pointing out that the club in the near future would not sell any of its players to teams abroad, stressing, “We would only sell them when they are matured and ripe for the big European soccer.” On the financial base of the young club, the former Ghana player said two business tycoons in Kumasi and Accra, namely Owner Rich and Ebo Sey were supporting him to run the club.
09/26 - 10/03
- Tottenham 2 - 1 Aston Villa
- Tiero to return to the Stars
- Yegoala eyes premier league
- Kotoko confirms open talks with Aziz
- Video: Watch Scolari Talks About Coaching National...
- Seedorf raves about KP Boateng form
- France U21 defender Vandam opts for Ghana
- Essien's to return for Ghana very soon
- Ghana plays Sudan in Kumasi
- AC Milan hold Ajax ;Chelsea wins over Marseille
- Ghana FA Cup is back
- Caf distance herself from MTN nomination list.
- Desailly to Work With Locals
- Ayew warns Essien ahead of clash
- Hearts of Oak hunts for Obeng Darko
- Muntari in Ghana plans
- Appoint Kwasi Appiah as Black Stars Coach – Kwaben...
- Ghana close in on Africa U-20 qualification
- Kessben draw to stay top; Hearts shocked
- C'wealth Games 2010: Athletes warned of rising ter...
- Champions Eduana faces League leaders Kessben
- Four Ghanaians namesd for CAF awards
- ▼ 09/26 - 10/03 (22)