Ghana and Marseille winger Andre Ayew has warned his friend Michael Essien of Chelsea that he will not have it easy when they clash on Tuesday night. Ayew is Essien’s close friend after they nurtured their camaraderie while playing for the Black Stars.
Chelsea are the favourites as they host the French champions in the Uefa Champions League game in London.
But the son of legend Abedi Pele insists they will not allow Essien and his other world-class team-mates to dominate them.
When asked about Essien, Ayew said: “I know him well, he’s a very good friend but it will not be easy for him.
“What is important is that we should not concentrate on what they are capable of doing but also try hard to show what we can also do.
“Nothing is impossible. We can do something there.
“We will do everything very well to get something, but I think we have the players.
“We are going there with a lot of desire according to the instructions of our coach and we will follow it to the letter.”
Chelsea lost their last outing when they were beaten 1-0 by Manchester City at the weekend but Ayew insists the Blues are dangerous.
“Chelsea may have lost its last game, but Man City are also very strong in attack. It will be a good game and we will also play a great game,” Ayew said.
“We will not go there with a camera in hand to take pictures of the great players at Chelsea because they are a big club.
“Olympique Marseille is also a great club with a big history with great players too,” Ayew added.
09/26 - 10/03
- Tottenham 2 - 1 Aston Villa
- Tiero to return to the Stars
- Yegoala eyes premier league
- Kotoko confirms open talks with Aziz
- Video: Watch Scolari Talks About Coaching National...
- Seedorf raves about KP Boateng form
- France U21 defender Vandam opts for Ghana
- Essien's to return for Ghana very soon
- Ghana plays Sudan in Kumasi
- AC Milan hold Ajax ;Chelsea wins over Marseille
- Ghana FA Cup is back
- Caf distance herself from MTN nomination list.
- Desailly to Work With Locals
- Ayew warns Essien ahead of clash
- Hearts of Oak hunts for Obeng Darko
- Muntari in Ghana plans
- Appoint Kwasi Appiah as Black Stars Coach – Kwaben...
- Ghana close in on Africa U-20 qualification
- Kessben draw to stay top; Hearts shocked
- C'wealth Games 2010: Athletes warned of rising ter...
- Champions Eduana faces League leaders Kessben
- Four Ghanaians namesd for CAF awards
- ▼ 09/26 - 10/03 (22)