Excitement is building up in Accra ahead of Saturday’s 24th edition of the Milo Marathon.
The marathon, which is the nation’s biggest mass sporting event, starts at 7am from the Nungua Police Barrier for all adults and the juniors U-15 starts from New Times Corporation at 6am.
This year will witness a twenty percent increase in participants for both races with major sponsor Nestle Ghana Limited increasing prices in the various categories for all participants.
Meanwhile, organizers of the event, Dansoman Keep Fit Club, believe the Saturday event will have the biggest patronage in the history of the event.
“We are well poised, we’ve put everything in place, virtually everything about the event on Saturday [is in place,]” said Daniel Welbeck Tackie, the Chairman of the Dansoman Keep Fit Club.
He said the number of participants has increased from last year's 3,000 to 5,000 this year.
Source: Joy Sports/Ghana
09/19 - 09/26
- Glo mactch day 4 Fixtures
- GFA Demands Kwarasey Endorsement
- Algeria Set Semi's Target
- Akwesi Appiah to coach Stars for Sudan Game
- Carlo Ancelotti To coach Ghana
- Sunderland can add to Hodgson's woes
- David Beckham's management company says it is taki...
- Caf names young secretary general
- Essien Reveals How he was snub by Manchester Unite...
- The Saga of Glo Sponsorship Contract Continues
- Milo Marathon 2010
- Ghana named Squard to face Sudan in Accra
- The Ghana Coaching Job
- Ways to qualify for the 2013 AFCON
- Desailly refute the claim of $120,000 to coach Gha...
- Boateng sure of AC Milan come back
- ▼ 09/19 - 09/26 (16)