Ghana’s Africa Women’s Championship Group opponents Algeria has set a modest target of reaching the last four of the tournament which begins next month.
The Lady Fennecs open their campaign against Ghana on 1 November before playing champions Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon.
“Women’s football in our country is still in the development process. Algeria are considered outsider when it comes to advancing to the semi finals,” Algeria Football Association Technical Director Tikanowine Foudil told Supersport.com.
“What we expect of our players is to perform to the best of their abilities. Our goal is to progress to the semi final. Should they achieve this, it will be a major breakthrough in Algerians women’s football,” Foudi explained.
The Lady Fennecs have never progressed beyond the Group stage of the Women’s Nations Cup.
Algeria first played in this championship in 2004 in Johannesburg South Africa- lost two and won one to finish third in their group.
Two years later in Nigeria, they suffered heavy losses of 4-0 against South Africa and 6-0 to hosts Nigeria.
The Africa Women’s Championships takes place from 31 October- 14 November in Ekurhuleni.
09/19 - 09/26
- Glo mactch day 4 Fixtures
- GFA Demands Kwarasey Endorsement
- Algeria Set Semi's Target
- Akwesi Appiah to coach Stars for Sudan Game
- Carlo Ancelotti To coach Ghana
- Sunderland can add to Hodgson's woes
- David Beckham's management company says it is taki...
- Caf names young secretary general
- Essien Reveals How he was snub by Manchester Unite...
- The Saga of Glo Sponsorship Contract Continues
- Milo Marathon 2010
- Ghana named Squard to face Sudan in Accra
- The Ghana Coaching Job
- Ways to qualify for the 2013 AFCON
- Desailly refute the claim of $120,000 to coach Gha...
- Boateng sure of AC Milan come back
- ▼ 09/19 - 09/26 (16)